Honeywell Central Heating Programmer Stopped Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a new boiler fitted about six weeks ago and they replaced our old progammer with a Honeywell ST9400C programmer.

From day one we noticed that the digital clock was gaining a few minutes a day and phoned the company who installed it who kept promising to get back to us, but haven't.

Today I noticed that the digital screen has suddenly gone blank, so therefore we have no heating. My husband has checked all the fuses and can't find anything wrong and we are wondering if we are maybe missing something obvious with this :confused:

Sponsored Links
From day one we noticed that the digital clock was gaining a few minutes a day and phoned the company who installed it who kept promising to get back to us, but haven't.
The unit faulty; get it replaced.

The unit faulty; get it replaced.

Well it seems that a fuse had blown. Apparently these programmers are connected to another box that houses a 1.5amp fuse. Replacing the fuse fixed the problem but the engineer fitted a new programmer anyway.

I am now waiting for him to come back and replace the so called "much better" programmer as it turns out to be a cheaper model and the company won't refund the difference in the price so I have asked to have a new ST9400C. Hopefully it will be fitted today.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back