Honeywell CMT907A to Tado Smart thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to fit a smart thermostat.

I currently have a honeywell cmt907a backplate with cm907 thermostat on top which has two wires going into it... If I've looked at it right (photo attached).
A: live
B: switched live

Other wires available are a blue (neutral) currently unused and green/yellow earth.

I do not want to add any other wires such as a 230v live wire. The tado smart thermostat uses batteries I believe. Which wires would need to go where?

I have a Baxi Duo-Tec Combi 28HE boiler.

If any one has other suggestions for smart thermostats, feel free. Looking for something inexpensive I can control from my phone.

Attachments

• 20210207_202149.jpg
    20210207_202149.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 392
Sponsored Links
From what I have read it seems that it should be wired as follows:
A (live) goes to COM
B (switched live) goes to NO

Could someone confirm this is right?

From what I have read it seems that it should be wired as follows:
A (live) goes to COM
B (switched live) goes to NO

Could someone confirm this is right?

Yes this would seem correct, based on information you’ve supplied.

You are confused , the Tado actual thermostat doesw not have any wires, it comes in 2 parts the thermostat and the receiver uni, the receiver need 4 wires , live , neutral and those 2 wires that are in the thermostat, if you simply want something to connect to those 2 wires that you can control with your phone and is battery powered go for NestE

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
You are confused , the Tado actual thermostat doesw not have any wires, it comes in 2 parts the thermostat and the receiver uni, the receiver need 4 wires , live , neutral and those 2 wires that are in the thermostat, if you simply want something to connect to those 2 wires that you can control with your phone and is battery powered go for NestE

Thanks for your reply. I think this is incorrect though. From the Tado support site it says:
"Hi! The Smart Thermostat is battery powered, which means it is compatible with almost any heating system (be it 2 or 3 wires, 230V or low voltage)."

I understand that the reciever is not the same as the thermostat but from what I've read, it doesn't require 4 wires or wired power. I'll update the thread tomorrow when it arrives to help anyone else in the same situation.

You can use the wires if you simply want to use it as a thermostat, but you want to control it with your phone so you need the extension kit

• Thanks
There is a wired version of Tado for combi boilers that comprises a battery operated wired thermostat [so no wired bridge required] which would replace the Honeywell CM907. It comes with a separate internet bridge that provides the link to the internet. The internet bridge plugs into the router and is powered via a USB power supply.
11.JPG

The manual can be found here.

• Thanks
There is a wired version of Tado for combi boilers that comprises a battery operated wired thermostat [so no wired bridge required] which would replace the Honeywell CM907. It comes with a separate internet bridge that provides the link to the internet. The internet bridge plugs into the router and is powered via a USB power supply.

Thanks! This is the version I went for deliberately to avoid needing wired power. Looks simple enough. Should arrive tomorrow :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use the wires if you simply want to use it as a thermostat, but you want to control it with your phone so you need the extension kit

This is incorrect. If you look at the post from stem above, you'll see the wired version doesn't require wired power and does work just the same (minus hot water control) as the other including smart features. Your phone talks to the internet bridge which sends messages out to the thermostats.

Just a final update in case anyone else would like to know. The above was correct. Live goes to COM and the switched live goes to NO. This is the wired starter kit V3. No power required as it runs on batteries. All smart features as expected

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back