Honeywell controller to Hive controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I'm going to install a hive acting heating system.
I have a system boiler (Glow worm 30sxi) + Maxiflo - edited thanks to Chris W with Honeywell controller and a wall thermostat

Does anyone know why there are three earth wires and should I connect them all to the earth hive?
I will wire the N and L the same and 3 and 4 the same but can anyone spot the wire to the thermostat I could leave disconnected in the Hive?

Thanks

Any questions needed, fire away

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
you have the wrong Hive for a combi boiler, it might be able to be used depending on what boiler you have, if your boiler is low voltage switching then that Hive cant be used

Sponsored Links
Ah sorry my mistake I do have a single channel hive , this is the wiring diagram for it
Screenshot-2020-05-23-at-15-20-39.png

Screenshot-2020-05-23-at-15-20-39.png

Any help with the questions from my first post, I'd be very grateful?

Boiler is a Glowworm 30sxi

Thanks

Last edited:
Isn’t a Glowworm sxi a system boiler? So what would control your hot water?

Isn’t a Glowworm sxi a system boiler? So what would control your hot water?
Yes it's a combi boiler I think, I should add I have a megaflow tank in the airing cupboard with two motorised valves and an immersion heater.
The immersion heater is always off.

That’s not a combi boiler. You have a system boiler with an unvented cylinder. The first wiring diagram shows the correct hive you need.

That’s not a combi boiler. You have a system boiler with an unvented cylinder. The first wiring diagram shows the correct hive you need.
Ah thanks very much - I will exchange the hive - for when I do get the correct dual channel hive, any pointers on the wiring?

Edit: Exchange sorted on amazon

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I think the wiring looks the same, so maybe leave the backplate in, and fit hive to that?

Yes get someone that knows what they are doing, you dont even know what system you have so how are you going to wire up new controls ?

mmm... that's not very helpful is it, there are countless threads here with someone like me asking for similar advice

Thanks both, I tried to fix the hive onto the existing backplate, but it doesn't really fit.
For clarity this id the wiring of the existing controller
Controller-wiring.png

Shall I just wire the hive up the same and put the wall thermostat on max? Or can I disconnect the thermostat wiring?

Thanks again for any help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back