Honeywell Dual-tech PIR rapid-flash code

Sponsored Links
How old is the duel tec ? Send it back if less than a year old , can't comment on that unit never fit Honeywell pirs , fitted optex since 1980s never had any issues

If you have checked the voltage and adjusted the microwave and you are still getting false alarm I would change the sensor as the unit could be faulty.If the sensor is new and you have just installed it I would take it back to where I got from.
Just change the sensor and the problem will go away I would use a different brand as well

Sponsored Links
On other models of Honeywell dt 's the flashing light means microwave failure , options down power unit and re-test or replace ...

The sensor was installed in December.

There are a few different versions of the MX-40. The QZ, QX etc. Does it matter which one I get? The QX is very cheap.

On other models of Honeywell dt 's the flashing light means microwave failure , options down power unit and re-test or replace ...

Good chance it means the same thing on this unit too. It has been removed and tested a few times now with no change. My bet is that the unit is faulty.

Here you go £12.70 inc delivery .... Ebay 151993815250

Thank you. Ordered. For all it costs I can swap it in and see what happens. If the issue is resolved I know it was the sensor. If not at least I can rule the sensor out.

I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again :0)

Put the Optex up tonight so the test has begun.

it's certainly a poorer built and more basic unit than the Honeywells one. As long as it works I don't care but if it does I reckon the Honeywells one is faulty rather than being less good.

Both sensors are grade 2
Optex case is stronger than Honeywell .Different microwave element on the optex.I would have said the opposite in the quality race ?
This detector should take you problem away .

Both sensors are grade 2
Optex case is stronger than Honeywell .Different microwave element on the optex.I would have said the opposite in the quality race ?
This detector should take you problem away .

I hope so. It's been up for twenty-four hours without incident, not long but it's a start.

The Honeywell unit is much more nicely built and has better features. It has dip-switches to mimic eol resistors, infinitely variable microwave range, variable look-down and the whole sensor can be removed without disconnecting the wires. Which is all great, if it works!! ;0)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back