Honeywell Flex 20 - Network and Pulsing Siren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hopefully someone can help with this issue I had yesterday....
It started when my home router lost power, sometime later my studio (a separately alarmed building) started alarming. My wife went to reset it and told me it said something about Com 4.
When I got home from work I had a look at the situation, it appears that when my router in the house lost power, sometime later the studio went into a alarm state with external sounder triggering. As I only have the Ethernet board to allow me to connect and reset the alarm should it trigger while on holiday I do now want it to trigger a full (or any) alarm should it lose connection to my router or the internet!!!

So that's the first issue, I want to disable the com 4 error triggering the alarm.

Then the fun started.
Obviously you can see from the log below I was into several menus trying to find the things I wanted.

Since I updated the phone I have not logged in using the app so had to set it up again, the problem I had was the user number, I originally tried user 1 then 01 then 0 then 100, but none would connect, after several attempts it locked me out for a time period.

Shortly after I had a visit from a neighbour, saying my alarm was making a noise. On investigation it was chirping for about 3 seconds every say 2 minutes roughly. The keypad would cycle through the 'normal' home screen I have then ****************** on the top row and nothing on the bottom row, then blank, then back to the home screen. sometime during this sequence the the outside sounder would sound as above. I could not enter anything on the keypad.

I tried dumping the mains, then the mains and the battery to reset the system, after a few goes I appeared to have control again. As you can see I also put the zones I use into Soak as it was starting to get later in the evening (the only time the clock was 100% correct on the log below is 21:05 other times are not accurate)

So as well as my disabling Com 4 error question above I would really like to know what sent my alarm crazy, was it me trying to set up remotely on my phone app? was it com 4 playing up again? Maybe the log will tell an alarm guru what was going on, if so please let me know.

One final thing, I thought I have used an option before when I installed to disable the external sounder.... But can find the menu number now?

Steve.

Flex 20 Log
Flex20 Log.jpg

Sponsored Links
Just to add the the above, I have just checked Ethernet line fail [56.3.3.6] and it is (and was) Disabled.

When exiting Eng mode, it now says modules was 7 now 7, late last night it said was 6 now 6??? I have not re enabled anything today.

Can you post your panel and Ethernet firmware versions? Use 'display system' to get the panel version and menu 61 diags for comm's to get the Ethernet module version.

I hadn't noticed the log you posted when I looked at your post first time. The Ethernet module dropped from the bus and started up again. You cannot disable that, as it's a fault. The module should not drop. As above, what versions are you running?

Last edited:
So the information I have is

FX20 V3.18
Ethernet 100% CM04 V1.02

From what you have said my internet failing and me getting the remote login wrong several times locking myself out of the panel for a time are both massive coincidences with the alarm trigger and later in the evening the intermittent sounder chirping.

Also the odd thing is sometimes when exiting module numbers are 6/6 and sometimes 7/7 but the Ethernet appears to always work. So what module is vanishing?

Thank you very much for taking time to reply.

Sponsored Links
I would suspect a power rail issue. This would align with the module dropping, stars on keypad and chirping bellbox. Check the voltage on the 12v rail with and without mains supply. As it's a 3.18 I assume that you've had it installed for some time? Is the panel located in a warm area, as this can impact the life of the backup battery.

It would be better if I could connect and run full diags to check the system and full log.

Not installed that long ago, I purchased and installed at the start of 2017. My Optima XM panel on my house is old at over 20 years.

I will send you a PM about connection.

Just to close off this thread, thanks GalaxyGuy for the tips and advice regarding my system both in the thread and by PM/Chat.

I have replaced A083-00-01 with the newer A083-00-02 following GalaxyGuy advice and hope that the fault no longer appears and the Ethernet card stays connected to the RS485 bus.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back