Honeywell Flexguard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend gave me a Honeywell flexguard break glass detector, the one with the tamper (FG-1625T). It is installed in my home directly opposite a window, roughly 2.5 metres away. Now the problem...

IT WON'T STOP ACTIVATING! :evil: :evil: :evil:

The sensitivity is turned all the way down, which the manual recommends that the glass be roughly 1.5m away, and it still activates 2.5m away. I placed it on chime, and it activated when:

I clapped in front of it
Walking directly underneath it (laminate floor)
When music is played, around slightly above average volume.

Thought it would be worth pointing out also. The red led that signifies "Alarm" doesnt actually illuminate, however, a flickering green led is shown, which means "event detected" or something. Yet it continues to chime and the zone activated comes up on the LCD.

Now i know your going to say that those variables won't be occuring when the alarm is set and billy burglar breaks in, but surely your not telling me that jewellers, banks and other places that have these installed, activate all the time when unarmed.

Sorry, one more thing, i know i need to use a special tester, but i would like to sort out the original problem first :D

Sponsored Links
How and or what is it mounted on is the first question.
Why was it given away, is the 2nd?
If you have followed the install instructions, the voltages are correct and cable tests correct for resistance with the length then you have a faulty unit.
Hence the freebie.

Managed to sort it in the end, it was a wiring fault. It was wired to the wrong zone, which is probably why it went off when I moved in front of it; the kitchen PIR saw me.

Only realised when I tripped the tamper and it said kitchen PIR and not Glass break.

Sponsored Links
As i thought mentioned then. Wiring issue.
Thanks for getting back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back