Honeywell G2-20 - how to move a wireless sensor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My postman keeps triggering the hallway PIR so I have decided to move it onto the landing. However, it's on a tamper and I don't know how to turn it off?

I have the engineers code so can anyone walk me through it?

Many thanks

Sam

Sponsored Links
Type in the engineer code and press 'ent'.

If the keypad shows 'ALERT! ENTER CODE', then enter the engineer code and 'ent' again.

If engineering mode is not enabled, you may have to enter master code, then enter menu 48 and enable level 3 access, then repeat above.

Press 'esc' repeatedly. The banner on the keypad should now say 'ENGINEER MODE'.

Now you can open devices without tampering the system. Once finished, enter the engineering code, but instead of pressing 'ent' after the code digits, press 'esc'. The display will show 'Checking Tampers' and providing all is well, will return to day mode.

Thanks for the info, I'll try it tonight.

How would I change it settings on the device from entry to standard intruder?

Thanks again

Enter engineering code, then use option 52.

Select the zone to change using the A/B keys, press 'ent' and 'ent' again to select 1 (Zone Function).

Use A/B or enter 03 to select the intruder function. Press 'ent' 3 times to select this function for full, part and night set.

Note that if you want to review the functions you have set, then you select function and then use the hash key to step through full, part and night set settings. It's a common mistake where people end up changing the setting when trying to view.

Sponsored Links
Thanks GalaxyGuy!! It worked.

Lastly how do I change the name of the device from hall to landing?? Cheers

Enter as engineer.

Menu 52 and select the zone using a/b, then press 'ent'.

Select 2 - Descriptor

Use the a/b keys to move and star or hash to delete. The numeric keypad is then used like a phone keypad to enter text.

Press 'ent' when finished, then escape from the menu and engineering mode in the normal way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back