Honeywell Galaxy 2-12 C012 Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an ADT installed Galaxy 2-12 Alarm System. The system is stuck in "User Reset Required" mode and I can't do anything with it. I have spoken to ADT and they want £110 plus VAT to come out and sort it, that's if it takes under 30 minutes. Needless the say, my contract with ADT is now cancelled and I have saved myself £27 per month.

What I would like to do is reset the entire system back to factory defaults, as if it just came out of the box, then I will reprogram it. I will admit I currently do not know how to do this but I have a 122 page manual to start with. I work for myself as an IT consultant and also fit CCTV, so I'm not to scared by the prospect. I have fitted basic alarms in the past so I am converse with most of the terminology.

I do not know the engineers code, have spent all afternoon trying various "default" suggestions. What I need help with is can anyone confirm the procedure to wipe the galaxy system completely?

Thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Socdesign got in touch with me and today I have reset my alarm, very happy.

I'm still having the same problem as I was originally all bar I now know the user/engineer/manager codes.

The system is currently stuck in Engineer Mode, here is what I'm doing + what's happening

Engineer Code & Enter
Status Unset 01 Event(s)
Press A
RFLOWBAT Zn:1011 PIR LANDING
-- I replaced the battery in this PIR today.
Press Esc
User Reset Required

Engineer Code & Esc
Checking For Tampers
02 Tamper(s) < > to View
Tamper Zn:1003 PIR KITCHEN
Tamper Zn:1011 PIR LANDING
Press Esc
User Reset Required

Then it displays
ENGINEER MODE
Time & Date

Can anybody assist with the above issue please?

I'm not an alarm expert but did install and configure my Galaxy 2-12, so I have a fair understanding.

It's telling you there are tamper faults in the zones so won't exit engineer mode. Fix the tamper faults and then exit engineer mode. If it seems to exit engineer mode but still asks for a user reset, then enter a user code (of the appropriate level) and view the log entries, then exit the menu.

As a guess the cover for the landing one might not be replaced properly, hence the tamper. Also if the kitchen one is fed by the same cabling then the landing one could still be the culprit, since it's the only one you've disturbed.

Edit...just re-read your post - try entering a user code when it asks, rather than trying to exit engineer mode first.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply

I did some more searching after posting earlier and found someone suggesting to do a system restart using 51.17.1. I also had a look at the two PIRs causing tamper issues and the back plates weren't in place correctly. I restarted the system and everything seemed fine. I went into engineer mode and tried to exit, it came up with the "checking tampers" message and then something about modules. After pressing enter it still comes up with User Reset Required.

I have tried setting the system using A, B1 and B2 but to no avail. When trying to set the system it comes up with RFLOWBAT Zn:1011. I don't understand why it's saying this as I have replaced the battery today, I've even tried another new battery.

I can set the system if I log in as the engineer, but this isn't ideal clearly.

Any ideas?

After exiting engineer mode it'll say "checking tampers" then "modules was modules now", then go to your usual screen. If it says user reset required try entering a manager level user code. Note I don't mean try setting it using the managers code, I mean enter it to enter the menu, then view the log, then hit ESC.

That's exactly what happens when I exit engineer mode. I have tried what you've suggested but it's not making any difference. Here's what I'm doing:

Manager Code - ENT
Status Unset 01 Event
A - (RFLOWBAT ZN:1011 Landing) - ENT
20 DISPLAY
22 VIEW LOG
Latest Event is +EV.LOG USR23 MASTER

Pressing B to go back through the log shows the following

08:18 -REMOTE
08:18 +REMOTE
07:47 -REMOTE
07:47 +REMOTE
07:17 -REMOTE
07:17 +REMOTE

It keeps going, 6:45, 6:15, 5:45, 5:15 and so on

Whilst still in the event log if I press ESC twice it shows User Reset Required. Pressing ESC again shows the home screen with the date and time on.

Is it possible that the Landing PIR is faulty, I've tried two brand new batteries in it and it still says RFLOWBAT for that PIR. I might try removing that PIR from the system and see what happens then. I'm confident it will come up with User Reset Required though.

Whilst still in the event log if I press ESC twice it shows User Reset Required. Pressing ESC again shows the home screen with the date and time on.
At this stage try entering a manager user code and viewing the log as a user.
Edit... I just re-read your post, you've obviously tried this already. After viewing the log as a user won't it allow you to set it?

Is it possible that the Landing PIR is faulty, I've tried two brand new batteries in it and it still says RFLOWBAT for that PIR. I might try removing that PIR from the system and see what happens then. I'm confident it will come up with User Reset Required though.
Can't help you there cos I don't have wireless sensors, but try setting the PIR to NOT USED or similar.

That's exactly what happens when I exit engineer mode. I have tried what you've suggested but it's not making any difference. Here's what I'm doing:

Manager Code - ENT
Status Unset 01 Event
A - (RFLOWBAT ZN:1011 Landing) - ENT
20 DISPLAY
22 VIEW LOG
Latest Event is +EV.LOG USR23 MASTER

Pressing B to go back through the log shows the following

08:18 -REMOTE
08:18 +REMOTE
07:47 -REMOTE
07:47 +REMOTE
07:17 -REMOTE
07:17 +REMOTE

It keeps going, 6:45, 6:15, 5:45, 5:15 and so on

This won't solve your user reset problem, but those +/- REMOTE events suggest that the panel is set up for remote servicing and is trying to call (or still being called by?) ADT. This is set up in Menu 56 Comms, but I'm not sure which parameters you need to change to turn it off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back