Honeywell Galaxy 2-12 dialling 0871 number

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
Please excuse my lack of knowledge on creating a thread on the forum but this is my first time.
The issue I currently have is my ex ADT alarm is dialing 0871 numbers and running up a horrendous phone bill. I've tried getting into the system using the manual but without success, my question is can I disable the dial up number on the system and continue to use the alarm as a stand alone unit? The system is probably 30 years old and way out of any contract any help would be very much appreciated

Kind regards
Barry

Sponsored Links
you would need the engineers code I suspect to change the number.

it shouldn't keep dialling out though, so how often is it dialling out?

short term you can unplug it from the phone system, however it may flag an ATS fault condition, then it depend whether your system allows arming with an ats fault.

You could try contacting ADT and ask them to default the code by dialing in possibly, but get in touch with CAB as they may be able to help you with what to ask ADT and what legislation covers it to get it done cheaply or free.

ADT are not known for being helpful or cheap.

Someone else may be able to help you on here that's more familiar with the system, like defaulting the panel and reprogramming it.

Thank you for the info it has dialled out over 2500 times which is very costly to a premium number

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back