Honeywell Galaxy Dimension 96 and RF Portal issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone . For my sins, I’m a retired security engineer thanks to 2 strokes and losing most of my sight. Been retired for over 10 years now and I hate it tbh…
I’ve decided to throw some kit in my house after an attempted burglary a short while back. I’m using a Galaxy dimension 96 and my rf portal just will not configure. I’m assuming I’m missing something,, bad memory, but I can’t get a green light. All I’m getting is a slow flashing red light and no matter what I change the address to, it won’t connect. I have the following on so far.
Gd96 panel
2 mk 7 keypads(working fine)
A-80 00 Ethernet module
RF portal.

It’s driving me mad! Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks
Neil

Sponsored Links
You may want to disconnect the Ethernet module and do power down (disconnect battery first), and do power up and then connect battery. Just to exclude the possibility that the problem sits elsewhere.

Tried that, tried it with 1 keypad and the rf portal only connected on separate data lines too…

When you go out of the engineer mode by typing first your code and then use Esc: does it report two modules (assuming you have only connected one keypad and the RP portal) or just one? Make sure to bypass the tamper of the RF portal first or close the lid properly.

Sponsored Links
It doesn’t report the portal, just the keyprox keypad. Is there anything in the menus that I need to do?

No, it should configure automagically upon exiting engineer mode. You seem to have a bus comm problem. Did you triple check the A - B wiring yet? A to A, B to B. Did you install the EOL resistor of 680 Ohm across A and B at the RF portal (assuming it is the last module on the AB line)? Finally, you may want to check with a multi-meter the A-B line integrity.

I’ve tried it all the above ways and cable integrity too. It’s got me baffled. In the engineer manual it doesn’t show or mention the rf portal, just the older rf Rio, I’m wondering if it’s a compatibility issue.

What RF module model do you have? Does it have only one terminal block for the four-wire cable?

What's the firmware version on your panel? The RF portal was only supported at version 6.50 and above.

Yes, update to V7.04 either via SPI key loaded with the firmware or via serial RS232 lead and Windows flash program.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back