RF Portal - Galaxy Dimension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all - I was woken up in the middle of the night last night by a RF +Jam error on the MK7 of my Galaxy Dimension. I installed the RF Portal a few days ago, purely for the use of the keyfobs, all of my PIR's are wired. The keyfobs work fine, is it possible to switch of the jam alert? or are there any other options?

Thanks
Tony

Sponsored Links
Not for the RF jam. Which version of RF portal firmware and panel firmware do you have? I'm working with Honeywell support to understand if there is a known issue at the moment.

Also, what version of firmware of keypads and ethernet too? You can get this info from diag menu 61.

Sponsored Links
Hi GalaxyGuy - RF: 1.08, Eth: 2.11, KeyP: 1.01 & Panel: 6.80. Can you give me some more details on the issue that you're working with Honeywell on?

Thanks
Tony

Working with Honeywell is rather difficult, as support has been moved from Glasgow. I have sent them information and a series of questions.

My customers have been experiencing some RF jams with the RF portals at 868MHz. Not really sure of the root cause yet. Trying to understand which portal/panel/fw combinations and anything in particular about the installs.

I had a theory that this is something to do with 4g and LTE at 800MHz, but no proof of that yet. I cannot replicate the issue at my location, but have a couple of panels running with multiple rf sensors.

Do you have your router or any other RF equipment near the portal ?

The portal is near (with in 1m) of a Dreytek Vigor 2860 wireless router and a Panasonic KX-TG6411 landline telephone with cordless handsets.

There is also the possibility of 868 MHz receivers with poor selectivity "reacting" to spurious emissions from poor quality 433.92 MHz transmitters.

OK day 3 with no Jams. I have changed the channel on the RF portal, not sure how much of a difference it will make, time will tell. :)

Yup, I moved it onto 4. I don't see how it could have made a difference and with so many RF variables in the average home, it makes it difficult to eliminate. At the moment no jams. One last thing that I didn't mention earlier is that the RF Portal is daisy chained to an Ethernet Module. In theory that doesn't make any difference but I'm guessing the more info you have the more it will help with the Honeywell conversations. If you need anything else from me please shout.

The bus address shouldn't make any difference and doesn't seem to in the cases with the G2 panels. Any failure in bus traffic would result in a different type of tamper 'mod missing' and not 'RF jam'. What's happening here is that the module appears to be detecting some sort of jam on the 898MHz channels for what is supposed to be 3mins in duration, then it signals a Jam condition followed by a tamper for the jam. What I do not know is if all channels in the 898MHz range are saturated and to what level. There is a diags menu option for the RF portal in diags 61. If you press the hash key at the portal device, it will give the current and max noise levels for the portal. Can you check this if you get another jam ?

Also, do you have any battery operated RF transmitting equipment like thermostats Etc. ? If yes, can you check that the battery levels are good in these, as someone had reported previous issues with low battery on RF thermostats ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back