Honeywell Galaxy Flex 20 + Reson8 Siren Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, newbie to the forum here...

I've had a search but can't find anything like this already on the forum, so here goes.

I've installed a Galaxy Flex 20 control panel at my parents, with a Reson8 siren. Problem is, as soon as everything is powered up, the siren goes off. Even after programming the system minus a siren, with the system in engineering mode, the second power is applied to the siren it sounds.

I've put the output tamper link across from T to 0v on the panel to take that out of the equation; I can be fairly sure the Hold + and - cable cores are sound (connected to 12v and 0v respectively), else the siren would not have power to sound (and the battery on the Reson8 is disabled).

This leaves the trigger cable core from the Reson8, which as I understand it, should be connected to OP1 on the Flex control panel? I've put a volt meter across the OP1 and 0v on the panel, and it barely registers a flicker - am I right in thinking this should be 12v (as I have the outputs set positive rather than negative)? If so, is it right to assume the panel is likely to have some kind of fault, or is there a reset I can try and carry out?

Any assistance or ideas would be appreciated, many thanks.

Sponsored Links
It won't as it's a negative trigger ! Try 12v+ and Op 1
Or power up with Op 1 disconnected at panel . Does it still ring on power up ?if so check tamper is if closed ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back