Honeywell Galaxy G3-48 Gone Haywire Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically I have a Honeywell Galaxy G3 installed at my house by a friend who has an alarm company quite some distance away so he is not local to help. Anyway, I got some text's from the panel around 1 hour ago and it said there was an intruder in three different zones, back door, hall way, and study. I arrived home 10 mins later to find that there is no obvious sings of intrusion, and it don't look like anything has been taken. I went and hit my number into the keypad and pressed enter hoping it would stop it like it normally does but it didn't. I kept doing the code followed by enter about 20 times and it just says "status unset" every time but just does not silence and then every time I move in another zone it says that zone has another intruder. The strobe on both bell boxes are going and all the sirens internal and external. I have just taken a noise level DB reading reading from a smartphone app in my house and it says 113 decibels and thats in a room with no speaker or siren ! I can't stop it. Does anybody know what to do ? Shall I ring the police to disable it ? I don't have the slightest clue, please help !

Sponsored Links
Basically I have a Honeywell Galaxy G3 installed at my house by a friend who has an alarm company quite some distance away so he is not local to help. Anyway, I got some text's from the panel around 1 hour ago and it said there was an intruder in three different zones, back door, hall way, and study. I arrived home 10 mins later to find that there is no obvious sings of intrusion, and it don't look like anything has been taken. I went and hit my number into the keypad and pressed enter hoping it would stop it like it normally does but it didn't. I kept doing the code followed by enter about 20 times and it just says "status unset" every time but just does not silence and then every time I move in another zone it says that zone has another intruder. The strobe on both bell boxes are going and all the sirens internal and external. I have just taken a noise level DB reading reading from a smartphone app in my house and it says 113 decibels and thats in a room with no speaker or siren ! I can't stop it. Does anybody know what to do ? Shall I ring the police to disable it ? I don't have the slightest clue, please help !
Just to update, I have just been outside and it appears the two bell boxes have turned themselves off despite the strobes still going, but the external two tone sirens and the internal two tone sirens and screechy noises like you hear in currys are still going !

Green light is just constantly on, as it is always. The whole thing is still saying an alarm and registers as a new intruder every time I move. I have had to leave the house because it is simply too loud and I have no idea of how to shut it down.[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Just to update alarm is still sounding in alarm condition. I don't have clue how to cut it off. The police said they can't do anything. The fire service said they can't do anything unless its an immediate danger and I phoned my friend who installed the system and he is away. I go on holiday TODAY literally have a flight at 2 pm so really need some help to rectify this fault.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back