Honeywell Galaxy or Texecom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying to decide which to buy. Either the Galaxy 2 (44 comms) or Texecom prem 24.

The Galaxy is slightly cheaper overall, but from a DIY perspective, which is easier to install and configure?

Anyone have any preference on the brands?

I need 7 PIR's, keypad, and comms unit of some kind to either text /phone me. Internal/external sounders.

So nothing major..

Thanks

Sponsored Links
just to confirm its the Galazy Dimension 48 with MK7 keypad for the Honeywell.

Well you aint going to get any install/prog manual with the dimension, we install dimension so i know at first hand, its not for diy.

stick with the prem, it has good info on install / prog included which the gd does not.

Personally I'd go with texecom, but I'm an electrician who installs alarms, not an alarm installer.

Sponsored Links
im also a sparky. i install alot of both panels. unless you've used galaxy before go for the tex.

I thing the galaxy is the better over all panel but its not really for the diy'er to install.

Texecom far easier manuals to follow if you get stuck.

Whatever way you go, if your ever stuck gimme a shout.

:D

I've got the Texecom Premier 24, it's fantastic!

Im not an alarm installer or electrician but still found it quite easy to do myself. I put in 3 remote keypads, 13 PIR's, 3 door contacts and 4 PA's which I'm adding to as I redecorate each room. The expanders are great as well!

I've got the Texecom Premier 24, it's fantastic!

Im not an alarm installer or electrician but still found it quite easy to do myself. I put in 3 remote keypads, 13 PIR's, 3 door contacts and 4 PA's which I'm adding to as I redecorate each room. The expanders are great as well!

You live in a mansion then?

Its a 6500 sq ft hospital building that ive converted. Not quite a mansion but big enough!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back