1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Honeywell Galaxy Series 2 PIR Battery Replacement

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by Alarm Novice, 6 Jan 2020.

1. Alarm Novice

Alarm Novice

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I wonder if somebody might be able to help me. I've read the various posts about replacing a low batter on a PIR sensor (wireless) within this system and have found the battery type needed and believe I understand how to go about accessing the battery compartment within the sensor. The question I am not sure about is this, however - do I need to be in some kind of "engineer mode" to be able to undertake the replacement of the battery? The instructions I have read don't make any mention of this but I don't want to attempt this and find that the alarm starts going off with no way for me to stop it!

Apologies if this is a daft question but thank you for your help.

2. GalaxyGuy

GalaxyGuy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, you need the engineering code, as the system will latch a tamper. You gently push a small flat bladed screwdriver into the slot at the bottom of the sensor, while at the same time gently pulling the sensor front cover towards yourself from the bottom.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. Alarm Novice

Alarm Novice

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the prompt reply - I feared that might be the case but I have a slight issue with getting the code as the installer who fitted the system is no longer in existence! Is there any possible solution to this as even with my limited DIY skills I'm hopeful the battery replacement itself would be manageable... Thanks again for your help!

5. Neil a

Neil a

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You could try this
    Enter your code press ent
    Then key 48 ent
    Arrow ent
    Then esc
    If it’s default code enter 112233
    If is says engineer on keypad then your good to go

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. Alarm Novice

Alarm Novice

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, I will give it a go (might not be till tomorrow) and let you know how I get on. Really appreciate the help.