Honeywell GEN4 - Do you have to daisy chain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am currently installing the sensor & contact wires ready to install an accenta gen4. I have installed one wire for each sensor / contact and ran it to where the control box will be situated (so 7 wires in total)

Looking at the installation instructions now, the tamper looks to be daisy chained. Will it work with all the wires returning to the box and connected to the tamper direct? Will the tamper connection contact fit / take 7 wires?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No you connect each one in series eg green and white are the tamper pair connect the green to the white and so on .....

Sorry to hi jack but I will be fitting one of these soon. Looking at the wiring diagram it looks like the LCD keypads are daisy chained, no problem there. However with the PIR's I was going to run one cable to each sensor location (star wiring). That's OK for the alarm wires but with the tamper it needs to be one loop of cable as above. Is it common to make the cable for tamper one loop inside the panel by joining the various wires? Or is it more common to daisy chain the PIR's and use a separate pair of wires for the various alarm triggers? Hope this makes sense!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back