Honeywell MOMO Divertor VC4013 - how does this work ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there !

All the best wishes for 2024 !

I am hoping someone can help me ?

I have been reading about the Honeywell MOMO Divertor valve. ( Ports A, B and AB ).

I understand the valve only moves when mains power is applied - there is no spring inside this valve.

There are 3 wires going to the head of this valve - Brown (Permanent L) Blue (Neutral) and Black (Switched L).

As the Brown wire is permanently live I take it that all the switching must be done by the Black wire ?

Is the operation - apply mains power to Black wire - the valve moves from A to B and then stops ( assuming it is parked at A ) - mains power is removed from the Black wire, by the circuitry inside the head, when the valve has finishing moving.

Apply mains power to the same Black wire - the valve moves from B to A and then stops - once again mains power is removed from the Black wire, by the circuitry inside the head, when the valve has finished moving.

Is this correct ?

Cheers

Attachments

• Honeywell MOMO Valve.PNG
    Honeywell MOMO Valve.PNG
    644.8 KB · Views: 15
Sponsored Links
From a position of "I haven't tried this" my assumption is as follows:
Brown to L
Blue to N
Valve drives to one position, possibly A
Additionally connect Black to L, valve drives to the other position, possibly B.
Remove Black, valve returns to original position.
There are only two positions, A and B.

From a position of "I haven't tried this" my assumption is as follows:
Brown to L
Blue to N
Valve drives to one position, possibly A
Additionally connect Black to L, valve drives to the other position, possibly B.
Remove Black, valve returns to original position.
There are only two positions, A and B.
Connecting brown and blue to supply will do nothing.
Black is the neutral leg and brown or blue the drive wires giving MOMO operation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back