Honeywell motorised valve.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to keep a Honeywell valve in the manual position to provide central heating? My Bosch boiler isn't firing for CH but does for HW and I suspect the valve, although it's only three months old! I am hoping to get an engineer out after the bank holiday but I still need heating.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
There's a microswitch inside the valve that starts the boiler when the valve is fully wound across by the motor, the manual lever only part opens the valve and doesn't normally move it far enough to operate the switch. So whilst the valve will be open with the lever in manual, you will find that it probably won't start the boiler.

There's a microswitch inside the valve that starts the boiler when the valve is fully wound across by the motor, the manual lever only part opens the valve and doesn't normally move it far enough to operate the switch. So whilst the valve will be open with the lever in manual, you will find that it probably won't start the boiler.

Thanks. What I have found is that moving the lever to manual starts something off, I can hear it, but the lever quickly returns to automatic.

if you manually latch the valve in the manual position, you will get heating as long as there is a demand for HW, you may need to put the HW to constant and lift off the cylinder thermostat though as once the cylinder is satisfied the CH will also go off

Sponsored Links
if you manually latch the valve in the manual position, you will get heating as long as there is a demand for HW, you may need to put the HW to constant and lift off the cylinder thermostat though as once the cylinder is satisfied the CH will also go off

Thanks. I'll wait for the boiler to be looked at.

Out of interest, when the programmer switches on the CH, do the boiler, pump and valve activate simultaneously or does the boiler fire up first. The Honeywell valve always lights up even when nothing else does.

Out of interest, when the programmer switches on the CH, do the boiler, pump and valve activate simultaneously or does the boiler fire up first. The Honeywell valve always lights up even when nothing else does.

The sequence is time clock, thermostat, then valve actuator which then finally triggers the boiler and pump. So unless everything else says go, the boiler will not run - you would not want your boiler running, against a closed valve.

Attachments

• 20210428_195343.jpg
    20210428_195343.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 153
That is not a Honeywell motorised valve
No mate, the name Myson gives it away :LOL:.

Des, to latch that open, you have to manoeuvre it to the lower position. Is it definitely the valve at fault?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back