Honeywell pulling out of intruder market

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My distributor tells me today Honeywell appear to be pulling out of the intruder market completely, with Accenta and Galaxy ranges of products not being replaced.

Can anyone validate this.

Sponsored Links
No, that's not right. They've just designed a whole new range of panels that can use the Maxpro Cloud. The intruder panels are called Maxpro Intruder. The Maxpro cloud supports the Flex and Dimension range. I would expect that the Galaxy range will eventually go end of life, but that would take some time.

https://www.security.honeywell.com/uk/product-repository/mpi-control-panels

The lower end domestic panels have moved over to a Honeywell spin-off company called resideo.

https://www.resideo.com/us/en

Thanks hoping you would reply.

It was a resideo company that said they were being pulled, so maybe they don't have the memo about the maxpro, or maybe referring to the older stuff only. Don't do galaxy so not a biggy for me.

Thanks hoping you would reply.

It was a resideo company that said they were being pulled, so maybe they don't have the memo about the maxpro, or maybe referring to the older stuff only. Don't do galaxy so not a biggy for me.

It could well be that they've decided that Resideo wasn't such a good idea. I don't think it would have been big in the UK anyway. The products were pretty poor and the market for plug-in smart alarms is totally saturated. When Google and Amazon decide to roll out their alarm features globally, then many of these offerings will likely fade away anyway.

Sponsored Links
I looked at honeywell site earlier when i first got back to office to see and wasn't sure by looking as nothing obvious mentioned so thought I would ask.

I heard honeywell were looking at selling intruder the other year but never really kept.up with it.

No idea no smoke without fire but don't know how big the fire is until you see it with your own eyes

Yes, no loss if Resideo went. It never took any of the Galaxy range, just the Domonial and Evohome products.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back