Honeywell Stat not Binding with unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, at the best time of the year, I discover that my honeywell st9420c has lost its wireless connection with the room stat and now will not 'bind' with the unit. Following the instructions both units correctly go into the binding mode but it never compleates successfully! Anyone with know or similar experience please advise, Thanks[/b]

Sponsored Links
How far apart are the two units when you try to bind? If close together, then you may have a faulty unit.

Contact Honeywell - Here.

They are normally very good.

The units are next to each other, so its not a distance issue. Thanks, i didn't think honeywell dealt with public only installers, and I purchased it from a ebay seller, new but don't think they will provide any after sales service! ha, thanks

Sponsored Links
Not that i have experienced it personally, but having the two units too close together can cause binding issues.

And dumb though this might sound.

Quadruple check that you are pressing and holding the buttons exactly as prescribed.

No, I was referring to the ebay seller, not honeywell.
Your exacty right thu, I have just been off the phone to honeywell and they are expressing out a new controller to me, very helpful. I guess thats what you pay for in big bands that delivery great service, thanks for your help all. Cheers

Dan, do you have any experience with megaflow unit. I was wondering if they could operate without a controller, as they do when you use the electrical element. The internal stat can call for the boiler so is it actually possible to wire so its on constantly?

It is possible, but of course you need the thermostat and safety thermostats to operate.

You could for arguments sake wire it through a fused spur.

Sorry Dan I should have explained, the megaflow has its only thermostat does't it? Question then, if honeywell products don't support megaflow cylinders because they rely on their own cylinder stats, how do other controllers make the communication with the megaflow unit?

Other brands are just like the honeywell. It is just a clock operated switch.

If you are referring to the cs92a wireless cylinder stat, then that is the temperature sensor and not part of the cylinder. So the cylinder warranty would be void and the installation not compliant with part g of the regs.

i am trying to rebind the ST9420C to the wireless unit, tried to follow instructions but unable to locate the heating mode button?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back