Honeywell "Sundial" RF pack 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at installing the above pack which combrises of a ST9120C and a wireless DT92E. If the timer is set to auto and the temperature is adjusted (increased) will this override the timer IF the timer isn't currently meant to be on? I had assumed not until I read the following from the manual:

Can I override the Timer from the DT92E thermostat?
As well as changing the set temperature from the DT92E, it is also possible to override the heating system on or off from the DT92E. This is only possible if the ST9120C is in AUTO or ONCE Modes. If ST9120C is in CONT mode it will not be possible to switch the heating off from the DT92E. Similarly, if ST9120C is in OFF mode, it will not be possible to switch the heating on from the DT92E. If these latter overrides are required it is first necessary to change the ST9120C mode setting to AUTO or ONCE.

Now I am confused :?:

I want the timer to be hidden from guests and they can only control the temperature from the stat during preset times.... the manual would suggests this can be overriden?

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

The over-rise is in the base unit which you can lock away.

However there are change settings buttons they could play with in the stat, although I think they would need the instruction for that.

Thanks both....

However, from the manual.....

As well as changing the set temperature from the DT92E, it is also possible to override the heating system on or off from the DT92E. This is only possible if the ST9120C is in AUTO or ONCE Modes.

What do they mean by this then?

Edit - really must learn how to quote!

Sponsored Links
Just to confirm who anyone who might need to know this in future.

Honeywell have advised:

The pack supports 2 way communication, this means that the thermostat is effectively a remote control to the programmer.  The stat will be able to override the system provided that the programmer is not in an off position under “mode” or once as this will result in a key symbol on the DT92E; which means that it is locked out.

It can only be overridden if the programmer is in “Auto” or “Cont” 

Let’s say that your program is 18°C at 7.30-9.30 & 18°C degrees at 7 till 9pm

If you make a change via the thermostat to 20°C at midday, then it will maintain this temperature change, until the next time period; after which, it shall revert back to the 18°C.  The programmer doesn’t have the ability for temperature settings as it contains no thermometer within.

I'm sure I suggested somewhere in one of the threads.

The Honeywell DT92E.

It is an RF stat which will control the zone only when the separate timer is calling for heat. Ok they can play with the actual temperatures, but that applies to what ever you fit, you can't over ride the times.

Doitall- we are talking about that stat but as part of the sundial kit you were suggesting.

With this pack it does mean that the programme can be advanced by the thermostat.

Doitall- we are talking about that stat but as part of the sundial kit you were suggesting.

With this pack it does mean that the programme can be advanced by the thermostat.

Yes, I didn't realise the limitations, but didn't I suggest a normal timer with the Dt92E in an earlier post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back