Honeywell Thermostat Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My combi is controlled by a Honeywell CMS927B via a Honeywell RD666OD next to the boiler.

It all works well but the CMs unit has started to have problems with the display becoming unreadable. I understand that this is quite common. I also undersatnd that the CMS927B in no longer produced.

Could someone please suggest an alternative that has about the same level of features, preferably Honeywell, (simply because I have liked this one).

I do not need any IP/Bluetooth/Facebook type refinements. I'm old school and do not need to check my boiler pressure from outer space or anything like that.

Thanks fellas.

Sponsored Links
The nest is pretty good, because it learns how you want the heating and it knows the outside temp, so it can warm your house up a little earlier or later depending on the outside temp. I don't believe it has an interface to Facebook, but it does integrate to your phone, which makes programming it a lot easier than an old school digital calculator display.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
The nest is pretty good, because it learns how you want the heating and it knows the outside temp, so it can warm your house up a little earlier or later depending on the outside temp. I don't believe it has an interface to Facebook, but it does integrate to your phone, which makes programming it a lot easier than an old school digital calculator display.

Thanks for this ..... but

1. I wasn't literally serious about facebook ... if I'm honest I don't really know what facebook is ... and ...

2. The benefits you point out, "knowing outside temp", "learning how I use the heating" etc are exactly what I would like to avoid. I really don't get on with technology that wants to second guess me. I just want to be able to tell it .. simply ... what I want it to do and have it do that thing there.

I know I'm out of touch with reality and I'm okay with that ;)

Thanks all the same though.

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back