Honeywell to wiser smart thermostat

Could change the Wago for a wiring center, or a larger Wago box? That way you can install the receivers there. Join the 2 switch wires in a Wago/terminal block and place Wiser thermostat on wall.

Sponsored Links
I have taken off the plate and....

IMG_1771.jpeg

I can't believe that the sales people at Wiser said it was a 10 min install and I could do it without needing any help.

Does this photo help?

Does this photo help?
Yes it does, but I believe there's still more to it!

I think the connections to your existing stats are made behind the FCU, as I can't see the pair of three core and earth cables, that should join to them.

If you do choose to show us behind there, be careful, as even with the switch turned off, there will be a live connection on the supply side of the switch.

I can't believe that the sales people at Wiser said it was a 10 min install and I could do it without needing any help.
I wouldn't be too harsh on the Wiser; many installs use a 'universal' back plate, which would mean a straight and easy swap.
Your install is definitely one of the more interesting ones!

If you wish to experiment, you could make these connections (with power isolated) to the Wiser backplate...
image54.png

Keep the existing wires in place, just add the new ones into the terminals with them.
Keep your existing thermostats turned OFF.
Beware, this would just be a temporary proof of concept; your existing thermostats would not be decommissioned.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Yes it does, but I believe there's still more to it!

I think the connections to your existing stats are made behind the FCU, as I can't see the pair of three core and earth cables, that should join to them.
I believe they are too, as there is 5 core with a black and grey going to the browns of the 2 ports

Sponsored Links
For you information. This is the response I got from there support…..

Unfortunately your current set up is using 2 one channel digistats to control 2 zones.

For this to be compatible you would need both units to be wired into 1 wiring back plate.
This could be achieved by either wiring from 1 to the other or rewiring your current set up from your wiring center and then removing your 2 current digistats.

Unfortunately with wiring tasks as complex as this we can only advise contacting an engineer to assist you with this.

I hope this answers your questions, if you need any further advise please contact us.

Kind Regards
Kennan
Drayton Controls Customer Technical Support

I can’t see why it can’t be done. Either the way @RandomGrinch posted earlier with the 2 wires going to Wiser backplate or via the Wago junction box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back