Honeywell V4600c Gas Valve Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had the valve replaced on my ancient boiler after the pilot refused to stay lit despite a thermocouple replacement. This fixed the problem as expected

Being a nosey sod I retained the old valve and disassembled it to see what makes it tick and what went wrong. In doing this I discovered that the pilot solenoid is dead easy to replace which made me wonder...
Are Spares available?
Or is it, as I expect, a whole valve replacement only?

I've now broken down the pilot solenoid as well and have repaired the broken coil wire with a bit of solder so I have a working valve again but I probably wouldn't trust it to last forever

I understand it was posted with good intentions but this thread may encourage people to delve into DIY gas so I've locked it.

Regards

Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Honeywell V4600C does not have a pilot solenoid, so congratulations on fixing something that doesnt exist

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back