Honywell ST6400 to Hive.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Just a question to confirm my wiring to Hive from a Honeywell ST6400C.
I've attached a picture of my current wiring into the Honeywell.
I have not got a room stat installed the rads are all controlled by TRV's.
I'm assuming that I just connect the wiring as is now into the Hive back plate?
I hope I've given enough information to get an answer.
Thanks in advance
Paul.
wiring.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you have the Hive dual channel receiver, then it should just connect onto the backplate as is, should you wish, as it’s an industry standard backplate. However if you want to change the backplate, then yes, it’s the same wiring.

The Hive Dual Channel version of the Hive has the same connections as the Honeywell ST6400C.

Hive.JPG

ST6400C.png

If the radiator in the room where the Hive Thermostat is located has a TRV on it, this should be removed, or at least set to its maximum temperature, otherwise it may interfere with the correct operation of the Hive as per the Hive manual

aa.JPG

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thank you very much for your replies they are most helpful, I'll go ahead and make the change now!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Hi again, just wanted to say that the Hive is now fitted and working, thank you for your help and replies. :)
Cheers Paul.
Thanks for the feedback, not everyone takes the time. Glad to hear it’s working ok.

Ok, silly question from me. I have a ST6400C, if I change it for a Hive, what benefits will I get?

Wireless control and ability to control via mobile phone?

Ok, silly question from me. I have a ST6400C, if I change it for a Hive, what benefits will I get?
You will get the chance to buy your wife a brand new state of the art mobile phone , and she will love you for it , saves her getting off her fat arse to turn the heating back on when you have turned it off you miserable barsteward :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Ok. I already have a hive hub for our lamps etc so would I just have to buy the two channel kit, remove the ST6400, fit the receiver onto the ST6400 controller backplate, link up the hub and thermostat and that’s it? All the settings (heating/hot water times and temperature) is controlled from the wireless room stat? No messing about with any other wires?

Heating experts - in your opinion, is it a worthwhile upgrade to what I have?

Would this be what I need for a sealed heat only system with unvented hot water - https://www.screwfix.com/p/hive-act...BDIruYClK6wvDHtSpMxoCWvkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

We both have smartphones. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back