Hoover Logic 1300 Washer Drier. Wet clothes from dryer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is Model A8554.

The problem is that the clothes come out of the "dryer" wetter than they went in. The drum feels wet, but there is no "depth" of water visible.

The heaters are definitely working (door gets hot). The pump is definitely running (water is discharged to the drain), but something's not doing what it should.

Any suggestions most welcome!

Sponsored Links
Its not pumping as quickly as it should- check pump/outlet for blockages

Thanks for the reply, nigeld.

Although I did not suspect a blockage, and indeed did not find one, I did take off both the inlet and outlet on the pump and inspected everything. Since then the dryer seems to have been running normally. Maybe there was an air lock or something going on that prevented the pump emptying the drum of a small quantity of water, though coping perfectly well with a full drum.

Time will tell whether this is a long-term solution

Still, getting me to look at the pump seems to have been a good idea and I am most grateful for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back