hoover nextra tripping electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just been given a condensor drier from a recycling group, it trips the rcd as soon as the unit powers up. the drum spins then trips the electric. i have taken the cover off and there is a small circuit board that has componants on it that is clicking before it trips out

Sponsored Links
Possibly heating element failure/damp on it at the rear of machine

check all the air and water guide ways are clear and the condensor is free from all fluff.

the element can only really be checked by looking at it.

the relay at the front is what switches the machine on when you press the start button.

Does the electric trip when you press the start or after a few seconds.
If you set the time to the tumble cool part does it still trip

have taken off cover over element and it was full of water, dried off and it now runs, any ideas why it could be full of water ?

check all the air guide and water ways as they get blocked with damp fluff and prevent the water draining into the water tank properly.

the condensor matrix gets blocked and should be cleaned each time (silver thing you pull out at the base)

does yours have a top water tank and pump or a bottom water tank.

if it has a top one does the pump work to pump the water up

Sponsored Links
it has a bottom water tank, i am running it now with a few items in with the cover off the back to see if water comes out and so far so good

just check the water guides and the hole in the base where the water goes into the tank as they can get blocked.

the heater cover plates are back on as they are needed to direct the air through the machine.????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back