Hoover WDM120 - rubber in drum and smoke coming out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Washer made a loud noise and then started to smell of burning rubber. Drum was still going round though.

When we opened the door smoke came out and there were bits of light grey rubber inside the drum - the same colour as the seal.

Taken the door seal off and the inner drum is not concentric with the outer drum.

The drum rotates relatively freely - ie spin it and it carries on spinning for 1-2 turns. It whirrs but then it's always done that.

There is no play in the drum ie I cannot move the inner drum relative to the outer drum any significant amout.

Does anyone have any ideas at all?

Many thanks
Clive

I

Sponsored Links
Answering my own posts now - does this I am an expert!!!

Looking through more posts it would seem it is most likely to be the spider that is broken. However there doesn't seem to be any significant movement when pushing against the back of the drum with one hand and pulling up with the other in any position round the drum.

I can't think what else would explain the eccentric offset of the two drums - at one point the gap between the inner and outer drum is 7mm by a paddle and diametrically opposite it is 23mm.

If its the spider why is there no play?

Clive

its cracked on the surport, it will snap then you will have play on the inner drum . time to bury it .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back