Hoping some of you might part with some wisdom please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My girlfriend and I have just bought a ground floor flat and it needs a new bathroom. We're not big on baths, so we have had the idea to rip out the old bath and replace with a nice sized shower cubicle instead. In order to do this we'd need to also move the toilet to the side wall.

A non-plumber mate has suggested that this would involve moving the soil stack which could be a real pain and therefore also very expensive.
Does anyone have any advice or experience to whether this can be done and how much work might be involved?
Current

Desired layout apart from we'd leave the sink where it is.

Sponsored Links
Could really do with some pics of the existing bathroom and position of stack pipe.
:)

Sponsored Links
Shifting the loo position will always be an issue, especially if the drain goes into the floor and not through the back wall.
We really need a plan view of the bathroom to see whats what, but it could be possible to pull the shower cubicle back towards the basin and relocate that......small bore drains are always easier to shift, and there's obviously outlets at that end of the room anyway.
John :)

I suspect the WC has a vertical outlet straight into the floor, in which case moving it will cost ££££££££, if actually possible. Unless you have very deep pockets, the WC will have to remain in same position, the new shower/basin will have to be fitted in around it.

Looking at the picture I thought the outlet was through the floor to the left of the pan.
It's a bog brush holder! :rolleyes:

Easiest: Move pan to the left, fit cubicle where the bath is.

BTW, sinks are for kitchens, basins go in bathrooms. ;)

Just consider your resale market, lots of people out there who prefer a bath you are alienating them if you remove that option completely.

If it is a two bed flat people with children will be looking at it and they will want a bath for small kids. Not ideal to lay baby on the floor of the shower and hose him down :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back