Horizontal crack in render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I lease a commercial building and I'm liable for all the repairs in the premises. I've noticed this horizontal crack in the cement render (which was done probably 19 years ago, on 1900s brickwork). We do have steel beams inside the building holding up the roof. It's about 4 metres in length on a 23m wall. I was concerned that I didn't have a manhole for my drain and noticed this above where the drain comes out the building. A builder has said it's nothing to worry about, please let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230904-190124_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230904-190124_WhatsApp.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20230904-190058_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230904-190058_WhatsApp.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 67
Sponsored Links
Your query would be better in the correct forum: Building.
I'll ask the mods to move it for you.

Looks like the DPC has been rendered over to me but I'm not a plasterer. I can't see why you should be responsible for that being done incorrectly originally.

Sponsored Links
When is your lease up? Remember, your responsibility is to 'deliver up' in a state of good repair - not to make the building like new. If there is some time before lease I would monitor to make sure it doesn't get much worse or cause other disrepair - i.e water ingress or something? Otherwise, do a basic repair before lease end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back