Horstmann E7 Quartz timer - Advice sought please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. A friend has a Horstmann E7 Quartz timer which is not working properly:
- The timer light does not come on at all, even if you manually spin the clock dial
- The boost light comes on but only weakly
- The clock will sometimes tck round for a while but then stops.
I suspect the backup battery and am capable of wiring in a new one but can't find any definitive info on previous posts about exactly what the spec of this should be. The battery that's installed is putting out 1.2V
Please can anyone supply info about battery spec, or have any other suggestions if you think I might be barking up the wrong tree by suspecting the battery?
Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
If you’re capable, check for a loose/dirty connection would be my 1st port of call.

Post a photo of the batt. I think it will be green. Note the numbers on it. It might be a Varta Mempac. Some clock maintenance batteries are not rechargeable (there is no point in them doing anything else when power is off).

Test the mains voltage on the supply and on the load terminals, with the heater off, and again with it on. Do this before you tighten the screws. Then do it again after. What are the four figures?

Sponsored Links
Here's one I did earlier

Yours is probably different, but if you post some pics we might know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back