Horstmann e7 quartz problems!

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

Just moved house, my boiler is a horstmann e7 quartz (old style, not digital, looks ancient) it's currently set to heat the water between 4-8am which isn't lasting for 3 people to have showers etc. I need to change the settings so it heats longer overnight but I don't know. Can anyone help me please? Thanks

Sponsored Links
The timer should be set to heat your water for whatever hours are supplied under E7 by your supplier -- Ireland electricity suppliers may have different settings to GB/NI. The timer on period can be adjusted inside the mechanism.
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Horstmann/E7Q_I.PDF

If there isn't enough hot water then you need to turn up the cylinder stat and store hotter water and mix it with more cold at the point of use, or fit a bigger cylinder, or install water-saving shower heads.

Ok. Thank you for your help. Do you know how I turn up the cylinder stat? At the moment our water is luke warm at best and lasts literally 2 minutes before getting cold. The flat was empty for a while with the whole boiler turned off so I'm wondering if 4 hours a night isn't enough to heat the whole tank from cold.

Sponsored Links
Haha whatever it bloody is it aint heating any water how do I find the elements

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back