Horstmann Economy 7 Quartz not heating water in timed mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone,

My boiler stops working in timed mode. The boiler is connected with Horstmann Economy 7 Quartz timer. It works perfectly in Boost mode (the boost indicator light will lit up while boiler is working). But it just stopped working in timed mode.

I have been quoted £160 plus VAT to change a new timer including labour. Before I call the engineer to change it, I am wondering if there is anything I can check it myself.

Attached photos are the inside wirings. Could you kindly let me know which parts should I test and is it a simple job I can fix it myself or I better just leave it to the engineer? Thank you very much for answering the questions.

Attachments

• mmexport1557407518322.jpg
    mmexport1557407518322.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 951
  • mmexport1557407524539.jpg
    mmexport1557407524539.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 443
  • mmexport1557407532119.jpg
    mmexport1557407532119.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 739
Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's the timer? You appear to have off-peak load and boost load connected - two immersion heaters?

I think it's more likely the off-peak immersion heater over-temp stat has tripped or the element is faulty.

This assumes the Horstman is set at the correct time and goes round and round correctly.

If you do decide to change it yourself, and replace like with like, the connections 12345 just pull off the base unit and the new ones just push firmly on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back