Hose adaptor for Overflow tank connector...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of an odd question but relates to plumbing fittings so I'm guessing this is the right forum...

I need to connect a hose (e.g. washing machine outlet hose) to the back (i.e. threaded end) of an overflow tank connector like the one in this link.

http://www.toolstation.com/messages.html?code=45586&mainWin=1

I know a hoselock 3/4" tap connector will screw on to the end of this but there are 2 problems with this:

1) I do not want to use a hoselock female connector as they tend to drip a bit (this will be indoors)
2) the bore inside the hoselock connector is too small - ideally I want to use something with an internal diameter of c. <19mm

Can anyone suggest a suitable fitting that will give a good seal and allow the connection of flexible hose?

This is for an overflow from my main aquarium into the sum tank in the cabinet below.

Sponsored Links
Not that I can find!

I'm really beginning to hate hoselock as all you can get in the way of tap connectors now is their type fitting - not the old style push on fitting that you put a jubilee clip around.

The other issue I have is that it's got to be plastic as it's for a marine tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back