Kitchen tap flexible hose sizes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Bought a kitchen tap that came with 1/2" connectors on the flexible hoses. They did not fit the existing installation (slightly too big).
Used the old tap's hoses which worked ok.

Question is, any idea what size I would need?
The screw on bit diameter was just too large to grip the thread.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What fitting is too small, the male coupler on the feed pipe? A quick pic would help. Possible that the original fitting is 3/8" and not 1/2".

As above, sounds like ⅜", if I understand your problem correctly.

Yes that's right, the feed pipe is too small for the coupler on the flexible hose.

3/8 sounds about right!

I take it these are just 2 different standards?

Sponsored Links
Having looked at the adapter, it looks like I may have that installed in my pipe from the original installation!

Have a look at the pic and see if you agree....

I assume if I unscrew that adapter, there will still be thread to screw the 1/2" hose onto? The adapter in the pic looks like its male both sides. I could be completely wrong though (there may not even be an adapter in mine, just looks like it?)

Many thanks, I'm sure I'll be back on here later at some point looking for your expertise again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back