Kitchen sink tap removal ??????

I've had the power of the Weetabix, but still no luck. The nut loosens off completely from the flexi-pipe, but I cannot pull the copper pipe out of the flexi-pipe.

Is my only option now to cut the copper pipe to allow me to separate the copper pipe from the flexi one?

Mutley56

Sponsored Links
Try giving the joint a crack with a hammer(not too hard) while pulling the flex. Probably just a bit of verdigris.

I usually swear a lot when that happens. It must help, because I always win in the end.
Yes sometimes they're tight.
You'll be replacing the flexies whatever, but if you cut them off you'll still have to remove the fitting from the copper. You should have new iones in the tap box. Check early, cos if you're unlucky they'll be different in some awkward way - like too short.

NB you might well find you can't get the compression (bottom) end of one flexy through the hole in the sink while the other flexy is still going through it, so you'll have to unscrew one anyway. And when you put the new one in, you can drop one through from the top but not the other so you have to feed the second up from underneath.

LS-X is a appropriate both ends of the flexies. The compression olives on these are often skinny and soft so finger tight + 3/4 of a turn should be enough.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks HERTSDRAINAGE2010, wingcoax, ChrisR and Whitespirit66. I'll give it a go.

Cheers,

Mutley56

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back