hose connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I dont know wether I should be here or plumbing but I bought a brass tap and hose connector from travis perkins by 4trade with water stop. Now I have never heard of a water stop on a hose connector before,but it works perfectly It lets absolutely no water through making the hose useless. what am I doing wrong?It looks brilliant but apart from drilling through the middle how do I get to use the hose? can anyone please shed some light on this

Sponsored Links
hi, sorry andy,I needed a connector to connect my hose to the tap,so I bought a brass one and pushed it onto the plastic one on my tap. the water pushed it off so I bought a brass connector for the tap then clipped my new hose connector into the tap connector and no water came out. I now realize the whole thing was back to front so I had to put the brass connector to the pistol and the plastic connector to the tap. now I need to buy a brass connector to the tap which works,which is all I wanted in the first place.screech!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back