Hose parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for replacement for some parts taken off an aquarius pro valet carpet washing machine. I don't want parts from the machine manufacturer. Their sh*t is deliberately built to fail. I hope the parts are standard so that there is an alternative supply. Any ideas please?

hose-parts-1.png
hose-parts-2.png

Sponsored Links
Looks a bit like a check/non return valve.

Yes, the silver one is a non-return valve with quick connect. What is this thing normally called? I have not played with air/liquid hosing before and not familiar with the names. Is air hosing normally also suitable for liquid?

They‘re normally called a check valve, but I got mine from my water supplier, so no idea where they get theirs from. Probably best with somewhere like BES

Sponsored Links
The brass part is saved. They probably used plated iron ball bearing for the spring valve. Replacing it with a 6mm 316 SS ebay ball bearing will restore function. The ball was welded in place by significant amount of rust. White vinegar soaking following by punching with nail and hammer dislodged the ball. Need to soak some more to remove all rust in the t-piece.

brass-part.png

Managed to disassemble the silver piece and saving it. The main problem is heavy rust on the snap-ring and the ball bearings. All the replacement 316 SS bearings I need plus some spares are available from china for a couple of £'s. A replacement snap ring could probably be fashioned from a spring of the right dimension, and material.

silver-part.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back