pressure washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a well known make of pressure washer. when using it the other day, and stopped the trigger on the gun the hose shot off the machine. When I looked the outlet screwthread end on the end of the machine had sheared off and no matter how I tried, couldn't replace the hose. Contacted the manufacturer who said the machine was not made anymore (typical) but they were so helpful that they suggested it would be cheaper to go through a website replacements parts company which I did and hopefully have order the correct spares, they also sent via email a 34 page diagram of the breakdown of the machine. Now, after discovering that in fact it is not as simple job as the manufactuer suggested to get to the offending bit I have had to strip the machine down pratically to the bare bones and even couldn't remove the last 4 screw and had to get help from my local car machanic who undid the screws. Now have discovered oil is leaking out of the joint and so assume that engine oil (as the diagram has listed) will need replacing. If the spares are the correct one and I am at the stage of putting the whole lot back again, how much oil do I use and how cructial is the quantity. It mentions 1lt in the diagram. Should I empty ALL the old oil (looks very clear after cleaning up the boot of my car!) or will oil be lurking in other parts of the machine which wont come out until the motor is running? I believe the equivalent size of machine is in the region of £200 so want to try and avoid that cost at the moment. The replacements (if correct) come to £50+.

rustynails

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back