Hose Tap connector/converter? - hose attachment attach onto kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to attach a hose pipe to my kitchen tap.
My kitchen tap has a little aerator bit that I can unscrew.
I'd like to find a 'thing', that converts from the Hose pipe thread, to the smaller narrow tap thread.
Is there even a thing?

The tap/aerator bit is approx 23mm-ish - narrow thread
the plastic nozzle is approx 26mm-ish internal diameter - wide thread
converter is to be male either side

Any suggestions, cheers

1657462733435.png
1657462810509.png

1657463139679.png
1657463120653.png

Sponsored Links
They’re both against water regulations (illegal), get a proper garden tap installed.
Can you explain more, what's illegal? we have just moved into a new flat and need to power wash something. would be good to know the rules though.

Sponsored Links
I think you need something like this.
Thanks for that.. after a bit more digging I also found this: designated connector

Thanks for that.. after a bit more digging I also found this: designated connector

It might be available, but it remains illegal to attach that to any cold tap connected to the Mains supply without the required Non Return Valve/Air Break incorporated.

Water Regulations require a Double Check Valve to be installed in the supply prior to the connection of any tap or outlet that is able to be submerged below the level of water already drawn off. This is for Public Health reasons, in the vent of an issue with the supply network, to prevent used water being drawn back into the supply and contaminating the water supply for all.

Oops, I wouldn't want to the water-police to come round. Sounds like a horrific crime to commit for my one hour of hosing ;)

Sounds like a horrific crime to commit for my one hour of hosing ;)
Yes, quite. I know you’re probably only joking, as DIYers and ignorant people tend to do, but on a serious note, here’s one example of backflow, albeit from a toilet, but similar could happen with non-potable water or pesticide, et al from your garden.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back