Hosepipe ban.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Watching the news and they are talking about hosepipe bans. They interviewed one bloke in his garden where he was complaining that it would be lawn lovers like himself who would 'suffer'. When asked what he would do if he saw someone else using a hosepipe during the ban, he said he would probably give them a ‘Paddington bear stare'! WTF is one of those?

Edit: I've just looked it up.

"Paddington Bear stare
When he gets annoyed with someone, he often gives them one of his special "hard stares", taught to him by Aunt Lucy, which causes them to become flushed and embarrassed"

Faaaackin 'ell! I wouldn’t like to be on the receiving end of one of those. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
My grass has all but died, my gardener friend says it's dormant. I haven't mown it in weeks = result!

Yep. It’ll all grow back in the autumn or at worse, next spring, every single blade of it.

My neighbour's grass looks like a fine manicured golf course. I suspect he waters it religiously.

Sponsored Links
I've hooked up my bath water to a self made irrigation system that waters my garden.

Its not my most successful creation, but it does work in parts. And I manage to keep the Girl clean at the same time.

I've hooked up my bath water to a self made irrigation system that waters my garden.

Its not my most successful creation, but it does work in parts. And I manage to keep the Girl clean at the same time.
and have 37 baths a day - all brim full.

seriously though, if you use any sort of hosepipe within this (highly commendable idea) are you falling foul of the rules ?

"Restrictions on usage during hosepipe bans can vary between water providers but generally people are not allowed to use hosepipes or anything that connects to a hosepipe or an outside tap."

and have 37 baths a day - all brim full.

seriously though, if you use any sort of hosepipe within this (highly commendable idea) are you falling foul of the rules ?

"Restrictions on usage during hosepipe bans can vary between water providers but generally people are not allowed to use hosepipes or anything that connects to a hosepipe or an outside tap."
My main bathroom is a bath/shower.

We mainly shower.

20220805_064206.jpg

The green patch for many a mile. I need to work on a better even irrigation system

what's that got to do with the price of fish ?

I don't have fish but I have Grass hopers.
[
20220805_064634.jpg
20220805_064654.jpg

This refugee come to me for help this morning.

I'm thinking of giving a home for displaced grasshoppers

Poor thing - he looks like he hasn’t got a leg to stand on…..

Sponsored Links
Back