Hospital Parking Meter Using

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fortunately I only visit the local James Cook hospital rarely,
When I do I have a struggle to remember how to pay at the parking machine prior to leaving.
Would be grateful for any info on how to pay (without the struggle!).

Sponsored Links
If you give me your credit card number and security code, let me know the times and I'll sort it out for you.

Sponsored Links
To save trawling through all the link Tigercub and SS have posted, (which is a very good link if you do want to rad it), you simply have to remember to take the ticket with you into the hospital and then, before you leave the hospital building, locate one of the pay machines and pay the fee. If you are attending A&E or Women & Children the machines are located outside. If you are using the North or South entrances they are inside opposite the reception desk.
There is also one in Visitor 3 Car Park. If you are disabled it may be worth paying the £3 for 24 hour cover in case your appointment over runs. It will cost £3 to stay for 2 hours anyway.

OK. I'm parking in the North Car Park with a disabled badge, do I pay at the machine (which I have trouble using) or elsewhere.
Am visiting the Radiotherapy Dept.

There is some information missing here.

I can't find a map of the hospital, don't know why you have trouble using the machine (is it access?) and don't know where Radiology is in relation to the North car park and the payment machine.

Can you pay over the phone?

I, along with quite a few other people, find the machines a little difficult to operate as we are not used to the routine.
It would be a great help if there were some online instructions, along with a diagram.
If every-one was using them every day they would find them second nature I'm sure.
Most of us, fortunately, only have pretty rare visits.

It appears, (to me anyway), you get a ticket as you go through the barriers. If you are using the North car park you park up and take your ticket with you to the reception desk in the North entrance. They will then validate your ticket and it appears the machine is in the same place. If you have trouble paying at the machine there should be someone in reception that can help you to do this.
It may be worth giving the hospital a phone call to explain your difficulties and ask if there is someone who can help you when you do visit.

Yotte, if you have trouble paying at a parking meter..........................should you be driving?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Back