Hot point fridge freezer door problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help ?
Our fridge freezer, freezer external door has started to go rusty on the outside.
Rather than replace the whole unit I was thinking about replacing the freezer door.
I can purchase a new door but was wondering if anyone can let me know if replacing the door was a difficult job?
Any advise gratefully accepted.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Most fridge/freezer doors are designed to be removable so that the handing can be changed. Usually just a case of removing the top hinge and lifting the door off, so replacement is the reverse. You might have to remove both doors to change the freezer door but shouldn't be an onerous task.

Most fridge/freezer doors are designed to be removable so that the handing can be changed. Usually just a case of removing the top hinge and lifting the door off, so replacement is the reverse. You might have to remove both doors to change the freezer door but shouldn't be an onerous task.

Thanks for the advice it appears it may be worth trying a new door rather than buying a new fridge freezer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back