Hot radiator but room freezing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am having problems with my bedroom radiator. It is really hot to the touch but the room doesn't heat up at all. It is turned up to max and there is no furniture or anything blocking the heat from radiating throughout the room.

All the other rooms heat fine - even a larger room with the same size of radiator.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Is it hot top, middle and bottom ? Is it a convector rad (fins on the back) or a panel rad (no fins). If its the latter you might want to look into changing it to the same size convector (if its properly sized)

Very simple if rad heats up all over then the rad is not big enough for the room and the factors affecting that room, either change the rad or if possible alter some of factors affecting the room.

Sponsored Links
Hi

It is hot top, middle and bottom. It has fins. The larger room with same size radiator also has the same number of outside walls. It is a small room with quite a large radiator so I really can't see why it won't give off heat except to the touch.

Unfortunately it's a rental property so I can't simply replace it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back