Hot Storage Cylider

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to move the hot water storage cylinder from my airing cupboard into the loft. This is a vented system with a cold water tank in the loft.

I want to be able to run a Aqualisa Quartz off it.

Any diagrams, . or a detailed explanation. if possible please
Many Thanks,

Sponsored Links
would moving the cylider to the loft help :confused:
or are you looking for extra space.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes i'm creating a wet room so if I kept the cupboard with the cylinder in would look a bit odd.

Is it possible to put a pump between the cold cistern and hot water cylinder so i dont need the head?

cheers

rol1112roland said:
Yes i'm creating a wet room so if I kept the cupboard with the cylinder in would look a bit odd.

Is it possible to put a pump between the cold cistern and hot water cylinder so i dont need the head?

cheers

yes if you fit an un-vented cylinder and a pump set, the head is the height of the storage tank that feeds the cylinder and not the cylinder

Sponsored Links
so there''s no way with an unvented? i.e. tank above cylinder in the loft.. what if I use bigger pipe?

vented tanks are aforture arnt they? if i get vented will i need another pump aswell as the one in the quartz?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back