Hot tub electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
We are saving for a hot tub for my daughter as a means of home hydrotherapy.
I am wondering if anyone here knows where I stand in terms of permmision for the electrics. It is an adapted council house managed by east Kent housing and our long term home.
I know it needs to be up to spec by qualified electrician.
Will I need permission from EKH. And am I likely to get it?
Many thanks for any thoughts.

Sponsored Links
A hot tub would typically have it's own circuit, and therefore the installation would be notifiable to building control.
The installing electrician would usually do that for you.

A hot tub does not require planning permission, but if you do not own the property you would need to obtain the consent of the owner (EKH) before making changes to it.
It's unlikely they would object, but you should certainly ask them first.

We've never had issues especially for medical changes with EK Housing, regarding adaption but non grant funded etc, as its a council house they seem to be very good with regards to this but write to them presumably they are already aware of the situation with regards to your daughter, explain what you want to do and state you will do it at your own expense using qualified tradespeople as already said you will need someone that can notify or building regulations approval, it would be the people who act as your landlord you need to ask.

Sponsored Links
When speaking with landlords/local authorities, it might be an idea to refer to it as a hydrotherapy pool.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back