Hot tub not heating or filtering (F1 Error)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me please. I have a Mspa Whirlpool Lite bought in 2021, model LR04-NA. I am receiving an F1 Error on the controller whenever I select the Heater, or the Filter option. All the other buttons (up, down, bubble, timer) work fine. Basically, I can't make the hot tub hot. I have cleaned out all the pipes and tubes that the water goes through. I have taken out the whole control box and took each piece out, dried any wetness and cleaned out any dirt or dust. But nothing helped out. I thought it might just be the heating element that is the problem but with the filter not working either I don't know if the pump is goosed as well. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing? A new heating element is about 65 quid, so am trying to avoid that expense is possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If this thread is best placed elsewhere, then please advise and apologies in advance.

Many thanks in advance as well.

Sponsored Links
F1 immediately shows after pressing FILTER , HEATING or UV
Clean the parts and tubes that the water goes through
F1 shows 15s after pressing FILTER, HEATING or UV
1. Add more water to the minimum line
2. Clean the parts and tubes that water goes through
3. Contact the MSpa Service Centre
I googled for the Instruction manual and used find in page and looked for F1.

However I note it is a class I device, so can really be only used in doors with a TN-C-S supply, I assume you are aware of this. With a TT supply no real problem, the problem is only when using a TN-C-S also called PME, there is no loss of PEN protection so can't really use out doors.

From web.
Low flow in your spa or hot tub is most commonly associated with a dirty spa filter. If your spa heater won't heat, remove and clean the filter(s) to rule out a pressure or flow rate problem. Low water level, a clogged pump impeller, closed valves, clogged pipes, or blocked spa drain covers can also cause flow issues.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back