Hot Water, boiler overrun ..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently changed the suite in my bathroom, but i have a situation where by when i turn the hot tap on everything is great but when i close the tap i can still hear the boiler burner going for 3 or 4 seconds once the tap is closed.

The boiler is a 'Main Medway'

is this normal? i dont seem to remeber if the boiler was overunning prior to changeing the bathroom suite and there are no other problems at all.

any advise would be appreciated
thanks
Graham

Sponsored Links
have you altered pipework and capped some point off leaving air in a length of pipework somewhere ( a dead leg) you will need to bleed this air off as it could be causing movement of water through the boiler for a couple of seconds keeping the burner on before it stabilises

As gushie says lok for dead legs.
But if there are none and it stays on any longer than this you will need to get someone out to strip water section out of heater and make sure they clean and grease the pin as this sticks and keeps gas on which can cause heater to blow the water pipes off joints causing a flood and also give someone a nasty burn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back