no hot water to loft en-suite basin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all i have a problem with my en-suite (situated in loft)basin mixer tap. i just cant seem to get hot water....the boiler doesn`t kick in when tap turned....thats what happens when i turn on any other hot tap in house.
could it be the tap?
i have a combi boiler and its set on economy.
if i run hot tap in family bathroom then run the hot tap in en-suite i get about 3 seconds of hot water then it go`s cold again.
any help please

Sponsored Links
bit of a guess here, these have a flow turbine and a filter, you may not be getting the minimum flow necessary to trigger the boiler, try cleaning the filter and see if it helps.

Sponsored Links
just thought i forgot to say its a a single lever basin tap....and when i put it on cold its the same pressure as when i turn it to hot. the cold feed also supplies the toilet and shower which don`t suffer from low pressure.....thus making me wonder whether its the tap. can i strip this type of tap and clean it?cant see a way of taking the handle off though

can you measure the flow rate at the hot tap, roughly done by counting how many 1 ltr jugs it fills in a minute, very rough i know but will help, then check with other taps to see if you are getting enough water flowing from the tap to activate the boiler

sorry do you mean other taps around house?kitchen and family bathroom.
i can obviously tell you now that its a hell of a lot slower than the other hot taps in the house.
maybe i have the wrong type of tap as i`ve just been on ebay and seen a similar tap what says not suitable for low pressure....
but i cant understand why the rate of flow from hot or cold doesn`t differ.

on the end of the tap is a small filter, unscrew it and clean it out.

picasso....now i feel like a right numpty. was full of junk even what looked like a tiny twig....tap running perfect now.
sorry guys.
thanks for the help
mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back