Hot water in loft conversion en-suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First-time poster and complete DIY novice here, so please go easy :)

We recently moved into a house with a loft conversion with an en-suite bathroom. We have a Worcester combi-boiler and in general there is no problems with the hot water throughout the house.

The only problem is in the loft bathroom where there is no hot water when you run the hot tap for the sink or try to use the shower. If I go downstairs to the main bathroom on the first floor and run the hot tap for a minute or so, we then get hot water up in the loft - this is what I'm currently doing every morning in order to have a shower in the ensuite! The hot water is generally ok up in the loft for the rest of the day, until the next morning when I have to go back downstairs and run the hot tap.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start? Sounds like a pressure problem, but as I said it's fine if I run the hot water one floor down and then try it.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back